Catalyst Maria Post-Secondary Signing Day 2019
Catalyst Maria High School celebrated the Class of 2019 on May 22, 2019 at the school's annual post-secondary assembly. The 120 scholars of Class of 2019 accomplished numerous remarkable achievements, including a few highlights below:
- 100% college acceptance (582 college acceptances, an average of 5 acceptances per scholar)
- $9.6 million in scholarships awarded, including a $2,500 grant given to one scholar from our local Marquette Bank, and three $1,000 scholarships from the first ever CMHS Diversity in Leadership scholarship.
- The CMHS class President and Vice President will both be attending Adrian College on a full tuition scholarship through the Project Intersect partnership
- 45 seniors will be participating in CMHS’s first ever UtmostU cohort in partnership with Gary Comer College Prep and the Gary Comer Youth Center. This program will support scholars next year to ensure a successful transition into college.
- 87.5% of scholars have committed to a 2- or 4-year college; 10% to trade school or job corps, and 2.5% to the military
A HUGE shout-out to the post-secondary team of Ms. Fawaz, Ms. Delgado, Ms. Coriano, Mrs. Comiskey, Ms. Mosier, Ms. Rogers, and Ms. Townsend, and congratulations to the Class of 2019, their families, and the entire CMHS school community!