Catalyst Maria High School celebrated the Class of 2019 on May 22, 2019 at the school's annual post-secondary assembly. The 120 scholars of Class of 2019 accomplished numerous remarkable achievements, including a few highlights below:
- 100% college acceptance (582 college acceptances, an average of 5 acceptances per scholar)
- $9.6 million in scholarships awarded, including a $2,500 grant given to one scholar from our local Marquette Bank, and three $1,000 scholarships from the first ever CMHS Diversity in Leadership scholarship.
- The CMHS class President and Vice President will both be attending Adrian College on a full tuition scholarship through the Project Intersect partnership
- 45 seniors will be participating in CMHS’s first ever UtmostU cohort in partnership with Gary Comer College Prep and the Gary Comer Youth Center. This program will support scholars next year to ensure a successful transition into college.
- 87.5% of scholars have committed to a 2- or 4-year college; 10% to trade school or job corps, and 2.5% to the military
A HUGE shout-out to the post-secondary team of Ms. Fawaz, Ms. Delgado, Ms. Coriano, Mrs. Comiskey, Ms. Mosier, Ms. Rogers, and Ms. Townsend, and congratulations to the Class of 2019, their families, and the entire CMHS school community!
Please plan to join the Catalyst Maria K-12 school community on May 30, 2019 from 4:00-8:00 pm for the 3rd annual STEAM EXPO!
Dr. Frank Hribar, Vice President of Enrollment & Student Affairs at Adrian College, visited Catalyst Maria on Thursday to meet with the 9 scholars who applied for the Project Intersect scholarship. Four seniors were selected to receive 95% tuition scholarships, and Adrian College awarded $1,970,936 in scholarships to Catalyst seniors overall! The four winners of the 95% scholarships (pictured below with Dr. Hribar) are Chris A., Cyrus M., Clarence (CJ) W., and Joanna M.- CONGRATULATIONS to all of the scholars receiving scholarships and THANK YOU to Dr. Hribar and Adrian College!
Catalyst Maria is now a part of the Presidential Award for Excellence program! CMHS has 14 recipients in the first year (10 are pictured below) who achieved a cumulative unweighted GPA of a 3.5 or higher and met both English/Writing and Math benchmarks on the PSAT or SAT for their grade level. Congratulations to all scholars and the CMHS staff that propelled them to this achievement!