Resources for Catalyst families- Update 3.26.2020
- https://www.isbe.net/keeplearning: The Illinois State Board of Education's Keep Learning website offers an extremely comprehensive list of resources, including free internet access resources, special education resources, English learner resources, and a very comprehensive list of learning activities categorized by subject and grade.
- Center for Dieseas Control's guidance on keeping children healthy while school is out.
- Please check https://www.isbe.net/keeplearning for free internet opportunities. Companies providing free or low-cost access include AT&T, Spectrum, Comcast, and Mediacom
- Healthy meals will be available to all Catalyst students at the CPS location nearest their home. All families will be able to pick up meals at their nearest CPS school beginning Tuesday, March 17, between 9 a.m and 1 p.m. daily. Lunchroom staff will prep, bag, and provide meals outside of the school building. To find the location nearest your home, please visit https://schoolinfo.cps.edu/schoollocator/index.html
- Chicago Food Depository has a link for families in need
- Why Hunger – an up to date listing of where families can find food
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle at home:
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle at home is essential to be able to support our scholars and families. Take advantage of the apps below to keep yourselves and your families healthy at home!
Peloton App– Peloton has extended its free trial membership to 90 days. You don't have to own a Peloton bike. You can enjoy resources on cycling, outdoor running, treadmill runs, strength training, HIIT classes, yoga classes, boot camp, meditation, strength training, and stretching. You can find more information here.
Grokker – Grokker is known for their high-end video content and wellbeing programs. This includes fitness classes, yoga classes, nutrition, and cooking classes for your physical wellbeing. The app also includes stress reduction, meditation, and sleep programs that can support you with your mental health. Access your free trial here.
Headspace – Headspace is known for its app for mindfulness and meditation. During the COVID-19 outbreak, they are offering a limited subset of content entirely free for all. This content can be accessed online or on the app. Click here for details.
Down Dog – This is a collection of apps, including Yoga, Yoga for Beginners, HITT, Barre, and 7 Minute Workout. These apps are all free through April 1st. Start your class here.