COVID vaccine update and resources for families 5.11.21
Dear Catalyst families,
We hope that you are safe, healthy and are doing well. Chicago’s city-operated COVID-19 vaccine sites will begin offering the Pfizer vaccine to children 12 to 15 starting Thursday May 13, 2021 (in addition to those 16+ who were previously eligible). The COVID-19 vaccines are offered free of charge, no insurance or ID is required, and no appointment is necessary. To find a locaton of the city-operated site please visit Zocdoc - https://www.zocdoc.com/vaccine or use their call center at 312-746-4835. The city operated clinics include the United Center site and additional city sites include:
- American Airlines Conference Center at Gallagher Way in Wrigley Field, 1119 W. Waveland Ave.; 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday (operated by Advocate Aurora).
- Apostolic Faith Church, 3823 S. Indiana; 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday.
- Chicago State University walk-up; Emil and Patricia A. Jones Convocation Center, 9501 S. King Drive; noon-6 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday.
- United Center drive-thru, 1724 W. Madison; 9 a.m.-7 p.m. daily.
- Richard J. Daley College, 7500 S. Pulaski, noon-6 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday.
- Wilbur Wright College, 4300 N. Narragansett; noon-6 p.m. Wednesday and Friday.
- Loretto Hospital, 645 S. Central; noon-6 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday.
Below are resources for students and families to access the vaccine:
- You can contact your health care provider- the clinic, health center, or hospital where you receive health services.
- Federal, State, and County-operated clinics – Please check eligibility-requirements outlined by each jurisdiction.
- State of Illinois Vaccination Locations webpage: https://coronavirus.illinois.gov/s/vaccination-location
- Cook County Community Vaccination Program: https://vaccine.cookcountyil.gov/
- CDC Vaccine Finder: https://vaccinefinder.org/search
- Several pharmacy chains are currently offering COVID-19 vaccine, and each has its own registration link: