Chicago Youth Vaccination Opportunities May 13, 2021
Dear Catalyst families,
We hope that you are safe, healthy and are doing well! Everyone 12 years or older is now eligible to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in Illinois! All COVID-19 vaccines are offered at no-cost to everyone, regardless of insurance and immigration status. Insurance and government-issued ID are NOT required.
Still have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine?
If you are interested in learning more about the COVID-19 vaccine, we encourage you to:
- Speak with your child’s health care provider
- Visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html to read more
- Watch https://youtu.be/7bBmQaX2k4w to learn more
- Pfizer vaccine appointments are available for 12+ at UIC Credit One Arena. Parents/legal guardians must accompany minors 12-17 years old, but consent can be obtained by phone. Schedule at vaccine.uihealth.care or at 833-536-9829.
- Pfizer vaccine appointments are available at multiple city sites. Anyone 12-17-years-old may book an appointment, but a parent or legal guardian must be present at the appointment. Appointments can be scheduled at zocdoc.com/vaccine or by calling 312-746-4835. Appointments are strongly preferred, but not required.
- Gallagher Way (Wrigley Field) 1119 W. Waveland Ave. (Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri)
- Apostolic Faith Church 3823 S. Indiana Ave. (Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun)
- United Center 1724 W. Madison St. (Open daily until May 3)
- Chicago State University 9501 S. King. Dr. (Mon-Sat, closed Sunday)
In addition, these partner organizations with community locations also provide Pfizer vaccine (12+): *This list is not exhaustive and may change.
- Alivio Medical Centers: Call 773-254-1400 or visit: https://www.aliviomedicalcenter.org/covid19vaccine
- Advocate Aurora Health: Call 866-443-2584 or visit: https://www.advocateaurorahealth.org/coronavirus-disease-2019/covid19-vaccine/?_ga=2.19405048.1932744870.1620250169-1096073175.1620250169#vaccinating
- Chicago Family Health Centers: Call 773-768-5000 or visit: https://chicagofamilyhealth.org/covidvaccine/
- Erie Teen Center: Call (312) 666-3494 or visit: https://www.eriefamilyhealth.org/vaccine/
- Howard Brown Health Centers: Call 872.269.3600 or visit: https://howardbrown.org/covid-19/vaccine/
- Near North/Komed Holman Health Center: Call 773-533-7520 or visit: https://www.nearnorthhealth.org/covid-19
- Rush University Medical Center: Call (888) 352-7874 or visit: https://www.rush.edu/patients-visitors/covid-19-resources/covid-19-vaccines/schedule-covid-19-vaccination
CPS Vaccination Site Details
In addition, CPS is partnering with CDPH and CTU to coordinate vaccination events at specific CPS schools. On Saturday, May 15th between 10am-12pm, Youth Vaccination Events will be held at the following schools:
List of School Sites
- Westinghouse HS
- Nash ES
- Marshall HS
- Juarez HS
- Chicago Vocational HS
- This is part of the new Protect Chicago Vaccination Bus project which uses a modified CTA bus to bring vaccination services into the community. Due to limited supply at these sites, schools located more than 1.5 miles from the school vaccination sites are encouraged to share the opportunities listed above with their families. Vaccination occurs on the Protect Chicago Vaccination Bus, while an observation area is set up outside of the vehicle. A few other important items of note:
Types of Vaccine:
- Pfizer (12 y.o.+ / 2 dose series, 21 days)
- Johnson & Johnson (18 y.o+/ 1 dose series)
- Youth accompanied by Parent/Legal Guardian (12 y.o.+)
- 18 y.o.+ do not need to be accompanied by parent/guardian
- No appointment necessary. Registration is required on location.
- Limited Vaccine Supply at these sites
- Schedule an appointment with a pharmacy: The City of Chicago has provided vaccines to pharmacies across Chicago. These pharmacies each have their own registration link which can be found below. Pharmacies have been asked to prioritize Chicagoans and current patients. For students ages 12-17, be sure to confirm that the pharmacy you choose has the Pfizer vaccine.
- Walgreens: register online, call your local Walgreens, or 1-800-WALGREENS (1-800-925-4733)
- Mariano's: register online
- Walmart: call: 833-886-0023; Option 1
- Jewel Osco: register online or call 877-723-3929
- Chicago Costco Pharmacies: register online for an appointment, or call the pharmacy directly
- Chicago Costco Pharmacies 1430 S. Ashland (Chicago IL Medical District) : call (312) 492-3601
- Chicago Costco Pharmacies 2745 N. Clybourn Ave (Lincoln Park) : call (773)-360-2052
- Other Illinois Costco Pharmacies
- Enroll with one of Chicago’s many Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
- Reach out to Chicago Vaccine Angels. My Block, My Hood, My City has partnered with the Chicago Vaccine Angels to help all Chicagoans get access to a vaccine appointment regardless of insurance or immigration status. A group of volunteers will secure an appointment for you at a convenient time and location. They can also help with transportation, if needed. If you are interested in booking a COVID-19 vaccination, please click here to sign-up or call 312-600-8925.