Ravinia’s Reach*Teach*Play music program for Catalyst Circle Rock Kindergarten-3rd grade scholars held their annual performance this week before hundreds of scholars, parents and community members in the Kehrein Center for the Arts! Reach*Teach*Play has been the foundation of Ravinia’s relationship at Catalyst for over a decade, and the school community was uplifted by the inspiring songs about love!
Catalyst Circle Rock Charter School
5608 W. Washington Blvd.
Chicago, Illinois 60644
*3:00-3:30- Welcome: Larry Williams, Chair and Mr. Gordon Hannon, CEO
- Review of agenda
- Review and vote for approval of November 22, 2021 Board of Directors meeting minutes; March 3, 2022 Academic Committee meeting minutes; and March 3, 2022 Finance Committee meeting minutes
*3:30-3:40 -Public comment (limited to 2 minutes per speaker)
*3:40-4:10-Academic Committee: Dr. Catherine Burns
- Update on school academic plans
- Update on Catalyst Maria charter renewal
*4:10-4:30 - Finance and Strategic Issues Committee: Ms. Ying-Yuan Hsu
- FY22 YTD
- FY23 budgeting process
- KCA grants and structure
- Review and vote for approval of Fifth Third line of credit
*4:30-5:00: Board governance items:
- Review and vote for approval for three-year renewal term of Dr. Catherine Burns to Catalyst Board of Directors
- Review and vote for approval of Mr. Claiborne Wade as Corporate Secretary of Catalyst Board of Directors
Finance Committee Agenda:
- FY22 YTD
- Current status and next steps with KCA finances and KCA Foundation Board
- FY23 budget process
Academic Committee Agenda:
- Catalyst Maria charter renewal update
- Analysis of ISS/OSS suspension data and IEP completion rates
- Current status and next steps of Catalyst Circle Rock and Catalyst Maria academic strategic plans
We are excited to celebrate Black History month with the premier of a new play that focuses on 18th-century Black composer, Joseph Bologne, also known as The Chavelier de Saint Georges.
Bologne was a virtuoso violinist, a friend of Mozart and Marie Antoinette, general of Europe’s first Black regiment, and a crusader for the abolishment of slavery. A concert play on his life, The Chevalier, will be presented at Catalyst Circle Rock’s Kehrein Center for the Arts on February 18, 2022, at 7:30 pm.
The performance was highlighted in this week's edition of Streetwise, linked here and on Chicago’s classical music stationWFMT 98.7, linked here.
A link to free tickets and 3-minute trailer can be found here: Tickets & Information
Additional information on The Chevalier, Joseph Bologne can be found here: The story of a Black 18th Century Composer.
Commissioned by The Boston Symphony Orchestra in 2018
Debuted at the Tanglewood Learning Institute in 2019
Finalist for the Eugene O’Neill National Playwrights Conference in 2020
Recipient of a National Endowment of the Arts Grant in 2021
Catalyst Schools will be closed on Thursday 2/3/22 due to weather. Friday 2/4/22 is a previously scheduled staff professional development day and there will be no school for scholars. Scholars return on Monday 2/7/22. Please stay safe in the winter weather!