The Catalyst school communities are celebrating Black History Month throughout February 2019! On Friday February 22nd, Catalyst Circle Rock held their annual Black History Bowl- pictured below are several winners!
Catalyst Maria HS engaged a joyful Black History Month throughout February! Grade level teams incorporated intentional cross-curricular activities for scholars to learn about black history through multiple lenses, and College Seminars each adopted an African country to research and celebrate through a heritage project. Black History Month culminated in an amazing assembly on February 27th featuring both scholar and teacher singers, dancers, poets, and presenters to exemplify the theme of “Black Girl Magic and Black Boy Joy” (pictured below). Thank you to all of the CMHS staff made this possible!
The Catalyst Board of Directors' will have their third scheduled meeting of the 2018-2019 school year on Monday February 25, 2019. This meeting will be held at Catalyst Circle Rock Charter School, located at 5608 W. Washington Blvd. Chicago, IL 60644 and will be from 3:00-5:30 PM.
All Catalyst Board meetings are open to the public. In accordance with OMA, the agenda for this meeting is below:
*3:00 – 3:25 Auditorium walk through with Circle Rock Sistema Ravinia students, parents, and staff
*3:25 – 3:30 Reconvene and welcome.
- Review of agenda.
- Review and vote for approval of November 18, 2018 Board of Directors’ meeting minutes; January 17, 2019 and February 20, 2019 Finance Committee’s meeting minutes; and February 7, 2019 Academic Committee’s meeting minutes.
*3:30 – 3:40 Opportunity for public comment, if requested (2 mins max per speaker)
*3:40 – 4:30 Guest presentation and discussion with Alison Jack of INCS
*4:30 – 4:50 Academic Committee
- Vote of approval to confirm Dr. Colleen Reardon to a two-year term as Chair of the Board
- Vote of approval to confirm Dr. Catherine Burns as Chair of the Academic Committee
- Presentation of new Academic Committee Chair Dr. Catherine Burns
- Update on SY18-19 academic strategic plans
- Vote to approve/reject Catalyst Circle Rock CIWP
*4:50 – 5:05 Finance Committee
- FY19 Financial year to date review
- FY19 private fundraising year to date review
- Update on auditorium campaign
*5:05 – 5:20 Development Committee
- Discussion on purpose and leadership of committee moving forward
Catalyst Circle Rock's 5th and 6th grade scholars defended their title as “May I Have this Dance” ballroom dancing champions at the Chicago Cultural Center! Through the incredible efforts of our scholars, Mrs. Knight, and Mrs. Myers, the CCR team was once again able to achieve FIRST PLACE!!! Congratulations!!
The Catalyst Maria Lady Wolves are state regional champions!! The team defeated Julian High School 74-20 on Friday evening. The Lady Wolves next game will be 2/12/19 vs. Crane Medical at Lisle High School at 6:00 pm. Congratulations to Coach Cooper and the Lady Wolves on this great accomplishment!
The Catalyst Board of Directors' will have updated the locations of their third and fourth scheduled meetings of the 2018-2019 school year effective February 5, 2019.
The February 25, 2019 meeting will be held at Catalyst Circle Rock Charter School, located at 5608 W. Washington Blvd Chicago, IL 60644 and will be from 3:00-5:30 PM.
The May 20, 2019 meeting will be held at Catalyst Maria Charter School, located at 6727 S. California Ave. Chicago, IL 60629 and will be from 3:00-5:30 PM.
All Catalyst Board meetings are open to the public and an agenda will be posted at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.