The Catalyst Board of Directors' will have their first scheduled meeting of the 2019-2020 school year on Monday September 30, 2019. This meeting will be held at Catalyst Circle Rock Charter School, located at 5608 W. Washington Blvd. Chicago, IL 60644 and will be from 3:00-5:30 PM.
All Catalyst Board meetings are open to the public. In accordance with OMA, the agenda for this meeting is below:
*3:00 – 3:25- Catalyst parent and Board member meet and greet
*3:25 – 3:50 Reconvene and welcome
- Review of agenda
- Introduction of Velia Soto and Kimberly Hinton
- Review and vote for approval of May 20, 2019 Board of Directors’ meeting minutes; July 22, 2019 and Finance Committee’s meeting minutes; and August 16, 2019 Academic Committee’s meeting minutes.
- Review and vote for approval of amendment to Catalyst Board of Directors’ bylaws
- Review of current governance agreements with CPS
*3:50 – 4:00 Opportunity for public comment, if requested (2 mins max per speaker)
*4:00 – 4:30 Academic Committee
- Review of SY18-19 preliminary SQRP results
- Review of SY19-20 strategic plans
- Monthly academic dashboard overview
- Update on Catalyst Circle Rock charter renewal
*4:30 – 5:00 Finance Committee
- FY20 private fundraising goal and year to date review
- Update on auditorium campaign
*5:00 – 5:25- Closure and next steps
On September 18, 2019, the Catalyst Circle Rock school community hosted its 5th Annual CCR Men Take Your Child to School Day (pictured below). Hundreds of CCR fathers, grandfathers, and other men of the community greeted scholars and then had a special celebration breakfast that included an inspirational address by Catalyst teacher Mr. Troy Morris. Also joining the celebration were Illinois State Representative La Shawn Ford, members from the Sheriff’s Office and the 15th Police District. AMAZING work by Mrs. Myers and the entire CCR community!
Catalyst Maria High School is still accepting exceptional scholars for the 2019-2020 school year! Catalyst Maria High School is an incredible school community for numerous reasons, including:
• For the Class of 2019- 100% college acceptance and over $9.6 million in scholarships awarded
• Dual enrollment with the opporunity to earn up to 16 college credits while going to CMHS
• Rigorous AP and Honors course offerings
• 14+ sports teams
• 14+ clubs and activities
Catalyst Circle Rock and Catalyst Maria are extremely excited to welcome our scholars to the 2019-2020 school year on Monday August 26, 2019! There are special events planned for the start of the year- please contact each campus at the phone numbers below for more information:
Catalyst Circle Rock- 773-945-5025
Catalyst Maria- 773-993-1770
We look forward to welcoming our scholars, their families, and our school communities to an exceptional year on Monday!
Please join the Catalyst Maria school community on Saturday August 24, 2019 for the following back to school events!
6th - 9th Grade Orientation- 9:00-12:00
Back to School K-12 Celebration- 1:00-3:00