Dear Catalyst families,
We hope that you are safe and healthy.
Chicago Public Schools, Catalyst Schools and the City of Chicago are surveying families to better understand who may need help this fall finding a safe space for their children during traditional school hours. As we assess parental needs throughout the city, we are evaluating opportunities to provide potential support with child supervision for families who have school-age children under 14 years of age.
Families who live in high-need communities or transitional housing will be prioritized.
We are currently evaluating potential opportunities to establish sites across the city where families can register their children to attend during remote learning days. Here is what a family may expect at a potential child supervision site:
- Children will be assigned to spaces with children of the same age group and an adult who will be assigned to the group for the duration of the program. The number of children per room will be limited to ensure proper social distancing per City of Chicago’s Be Safe: PK-12 Education Guidelines.
- While the adult will ensure that your child will have a safe and suitable space to engage in remote learning, please note that they will not be qualified to teach or provide educational support.
- Children will be provided with breakfast and lunch every day.
- Children and staff will be required to follow all health and safety protocols including wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, and completing a daily symptom screener.
- To ensure proper social distancing, families will follow a staggered schedule and be assigned a time to pick up and drop off their children.
- This program will be prioritized according to need. Families with school-age children under 14 years of age who live in high-need communities or transitional housing will be prioritized.
- Computing devices will not be provided although high-speed internet access will be available at the site. Families are required to bring their own computing devices or get a loaner device from their child's school.
If you are interested in potential assistance, please complete the survey by Friday, August 28, at 5 p.m. Please be sure to provide your contact information so we can follow up in the coming weeks.