The Catalyst Board of Directors' will have their second scheduled meeting of the 2019-2020 school year on Monday November 25, 2019. This meeting will be held at Catalyst Circle Rock Charter School, located at 5608 W. Washington Blvd. Chicago, IL 60644 and will be from 3:00-5:30 PM.
All Catalyst Board meetings are open to the public. In accordance with OMA, the agenda for this meeting is below:
*2:45 – 3:20- Catalyst parent and Board member meet and greet
*3:20-3:35- Catalyst Circle Rock Dean of Scholars Jason Kent and Catalyst Circle Rock Social Worker Kimberly Walton to present on student discipline and restorative practices at Catalyst Circle Rock
*3:35 – 3:50 Reconvene and welcome
- Review of agenda
- Review and vote for approval of September 30, 2019 Board of Directors’ meeting minutes; November 21, 2019 and Finance Committee’s meeting minutes; and November 14, 2019 Academic Committee’s meeting minutes.
- Review and vote on three-year renewal term to Catalyst Board of Directors and Finance Committee for Yuan-Ying Hsu
- Review and vote on initial three-year term to Catalyst Board of Directors and Academic Committee for Velia Soto
- Review and vote on initial three-year term to Catalyst Board of Directors and Academic Committee for Dr. Kimberly Hinton
*3:50 – 4:00 Opportunity for public comment, if requested (2 mins max per speaker)
*4:00 – 4:30 Academic and Mission Committee
- Review of SY2018-2019 SQRP results
- Monthly academic dashboard and SY2019-2020 strategic plan updates
*4:30 – 5:00 Finance and Strategic Issues Committee
- FY19 Finance and Compliance audit review
- FY20 year to date review
- FY20 private fundraising goal and year to date review
- Kehrein Center for the Arts update
*5:00 – 5:25- Closure and next steps
Catalyst is incredibly thankful for the commitment that all members of the Catalyst community dedicate to our mission of teaching minds and touching hearts! In observance of Thanksgiving, Catalyst Schools will be closed to scholars and staff Wednesday, November 27 through Friday November 29, 2019.
We hope that you are able to rest, relax and rejuvenate with family and friends over the Thanksgiving break!
- Principal Presentations (45 min-15 min each school)
- Summary of Monthly Data Analysis and Action Plan
- FORMAT Strengths, Weaknesses, and Opportunities
- Committee Discussion (20 min)
- Close: next meeting (5 min)
Last weekend, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s conductor Riccardo Muti (pictured below with Catalyst team member Ms. Morgan) directed the Symphony of Oak Park and River Forest as they performed selections of Romeo and Juliet at CCR’s Kehrein Center for the Arts! The event was attended by many members of the Austin and Oak Park communities, including Alderman Chris Taliaferro and Illinois State Representative Camille Lilly. Many thanks to Maestro Muti for this incredible performance!