The Catalyst Board of Directors' will have their final scheduled meeting of the 2019-2020 school year on Monday May 11, 2020. In accordance with OMA, the meeting agenda is below and the meeting is open to the public.
Catalyst Schools- Board of Directors Meeting
May 11, 2020 2:45-4:30 PM
COVID-19 forced virtual location:
Or dial: +1 518-531-8149 PIN: 410 755 177#
*2:45 – 3:00 - Welcome: Dr. Colleen Reardon, Chair and Mr. Gordon Hannon, CEO
- Review of agenda
- Review and vote for approval of March 2, 2020 Board of Directors meeting minutes and May 6, 2020 Finance Committee meeting minutes
*3:00 – 3:50 - Academic and Mission Committee Introduction: Dr. Catherine Burns
- Current State of the Circle Rock K-8 Campus: Principal Elizabeth Jamison-Dunn
- Current State of the Maria K-12 Campus: Principal Dawn Sandoval
- Status of Maria High School Seniors: Sasha Fawaz, Director of Post-Secondary Success
*3:50 – 4:15 - Finance and Strategic Issues Committee: Mr. Steve Brown
- FY20 year to date
- Strategic issues: NOF, KCA construction loans, Payroll Protection Program
- FY21 budget planning
*4:15 – end of comments - Public comment (limited to 2 minutes per speaker)
The Catalyst Board of Directors' Finance Committee will hold a meetings to review the following on May 6, 2020 at 2:00 pm.
- End of March 2020 financials
- KCA revenue/expense representation
- KCA construction loan paydown
Illinois Governor JB Pritzker announced that all in-person learning in schools for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year is cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Catalyst Circle Rock K-8 and Catalyst Maria K-12 buildings will be CLOSED to scholars and school staff through the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
We realize that scholars and families have questions regarding graduation, end of the year activities, etc. and we will provide answers as soon as we have additional information.
- https://www.isbe.net/keeplearning: The Illinois State Board of Education's Keep Learning website offers an extremely comprehensive list of resources, including free internet access resources, special education resources, English learner resources, and a very comprehensive list of learning activities categorized by subject and grade.
- Center for Disease Control's guidance on keeping children healthy while school is out.
- Please check https://www.isbe.net/keeplearning for free internet opportunities. Companies providing free or low-cost access include AT&T, Spectrum, Comcast, and Mediacom
- For the full list of meal sites under the consolidated site plan beginning April 13, 2020 please visit cps.edu/mealsites or call 773-553-KIDS.
- Chicago Food Depository has a link for families in need
For the most reliable information about COVID-19, please visit:
Chicago Department of Public Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Chicago Public Schools
Catalyst Circle Rock teacher Mr. Nicholas Tomasso was chosen to participate as a Teacher Fellow in the Northrop Grumman Foundation Teachers Academy! Selected by the Northrop Grumman Foundation and the National Science Teaching Association (NSTA), Mr. Tomasso was the only teacher selected from Illinois, and will participate with 25 other educators in numerous science, engineering, and technology-related professional learning opportunities. NSTA Executive Director Dr. David Evans said of the cohort, “This is truly a remarkable group of educators, dedicated to expanding their knowledge base and improving their teaching skills in order to reach all students. We congratulate this year’s cohort of Teacher Fellows and look forward to supporting them in their efforts to transform STEM education.”
Launched in 2016, the Northrop Grumman Foundation Teachers Academy was created to help enhance teacher confidence and classroom excellence in science, technology, and engineering, while increasing teacher understanding about the skills needed for a scientifically literate workforce. Check out a video the linked here on Mr. Tomasso's accomplishment!